Texpak is a licensed distributor for many software packages that support printing labels and tags. Virtually all software packages, when used correctly, will produce scannable barcodes. The difference between the various packages is related to how easy they are to use, whether they have all the features you need, how much support the developer of the software provides, and ultimately, the cost. Texpak’s preferred software suppliers are Nicelabel® and Carefree MGI®. While Carefree software is designed primarily for apparel cloth labels, NiceLabel is the most widely used and flexible labeling software program available. Both are easy to use and supported by Texpak’s knowledgeable technical support staff. We are also very familiar with many of the other software packages that customers use and are more than happy to support those as well.
To learn more about our software solutions and support please contact us
NiceLabel is an industry standard and one of the most widely used label printing software solutions on the market.
- WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get)
- Labels will print out exactly as you’ve designed them on your computer, it’s that easy.
- Help “Wizards”
- Use NiceLabel wizards to help you learn new functions and tasks, such as quick set ups, designing labels, connecting your label to a database and setting the best print quality and performance.
- Barcode Support
- Easily set up sequential barcodes within your label template. The program includes all common 1D, 2D and composite barcodes. Variable text and barcode fields support database, prompts, counters and date/time stamps.
- Use existing Excel files, as well as ASCII & Unicode text files as the source for your label data.
- Use any laser or inkjet printer to print your labels.
NiceLabel recently launched a completely updated product line, based on 25 years of industry experience and built on the most modern technology available today. The new product line provides NiceLabel customers with unmatched print productivity through next generation technology. Below are the three versions of NiceLabel that are available.
Designer Express and Designer Standard merged into Designer Express 2017
Express and Standard have been merged into a single print productivity product: Designer Express 2017. The modern “Microsoft Office” ribbon-based design interface is easier to use than ever.
The greatest additional benefit in the Designer Express 2017 is the new print module: NiceLabel Print. Print streamlines the label printing process and significantly increases print productivity and accuracy. Print operators can now use the “all-in-one” print form. The printing form includes all required UX objects: data entry fields, database navigation and selection, printer settings and a print preview of the entire print job so operators print efficiently and without errors.
Additionally, Designer Express 2017 is the only software in its product category that encourages best practices and print productivity through Microsoft Excel “database type” connectivity.
Designer Pro reimagined: Designer Pro 2017
Designer Pro 2017 delivers new levels of functionality and simplicity. Even first time users can design professional labels in minutes. Setting up dynamic data such as variables, functions and database has never been easier.
Designer Pro 2017 allows the designer to customize the all-in-one print form to further streamline the print process or optimize for touch screens to further increase print productivity.
Designer Pro 2017 offers more licensing flexibility with the new multi-user edition. The multi-user edition can be used on any number of workstations. The multi-user license only limits the amount of printers, not the number of users. Next-generation licensing technology does not require the use of a license manager or separate server, it just works without any configuration or maintenance.
PowerForms Desktop empowered: PowerForms 2017
We made it much easier and faster for users to build solutions with the new ribbon-style interface and all of the features of the new designer. PowerForms is now even more powerful so you can build solutions without the need for VB or Python scripting. We improved the speed so that solutions can run up to six times faster. You no longer need to develop applications with Visual Studio and SDKs, you no longer even need to be a developer to build print productivity solutions.
PowerForms 2017 delivers even more flexibility without coding, with a great additional benefit: the initial form comes predesigned for you. This means you only need to resize and reposition the objects and add your custom actions. The new forms are also responsive, which means you get the same experience on screens of different sizes without having to redesign.
Carefree® Software for Apparel Cloth Labels
Carefree® for Windows – Software that has all the features needed to makes it easy to print care labels.
- Fully Flexible label size
- While you can format any size label, the program includes most sizes commonly used by apparel manufacturers.
- WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get)
- Designing a label is easy. What you see on the screen is exactly how the label will appear. As you change line height and fonts, the screen changes to reflect your input. You can even reserve “sew space” so that no text can be printed in that area.
- Wide Printer Selection
- Carefree® for Windows is a standard Windows program. If you have a Windows driver you can run Carefree® for windows.
- Symbols and Graphic Images
- In addition to accepting .wmf, .bmp, and .ico graphic files, the program includes wash care symbols presently used on many labels. These symbols are stored in the program so it is easy to pull them up as needed and place them on the label. The program permits you to place one graphic file or a set of washing instructions on the label.
- Job Queue
- You can print many different labels at the same time. After you have entered the label into the print file, the program will automatically print the entire group of labels without any operator intervention.
- Merge Function
- The program has the ability to merge a label with variable fields with specific sets of data, i.e. size, color, RN and the desired quantities.
- In addition to on-line help, the program comes with a complete manual as well as exercises, which demonstrate the capabilities of the program.
- Supports all of the standard cloth materials used in care label printing